Monday, April 05, 2010

I feel pretty, Oh so pretty

I feel pretty and witty and bright. I really do. Did you ever have one of those days? Everything is just right?

I went to bed at a decent hour because I didn't feel like watching TV last night, so I read one of the six books I picked up at Borders this weekend. Yes, Six Books! I had a 30% off coupon and then I found a gift card in an old Christmas card that never got sent to a person with whom I don't speak very often but who may read this blog--I'm sorry! I may have a little book problem.

Anywho, I went to bed earlier than usual, read about half a book, then settled in for a good night's sleep. I didn't wake up at 3am for the first time in who knows how long. I did wake up with my alarm and didn't hit snooze for an hour. On top of that, I look good today. My hair dried nicely, with the curls turning just right, and my hazel eyes, which fluctuate from dark gray to sea green, are a lovely olive green today, the golden-brown around the pupil adding just the right hint of accent.

And I'm having an awesome day. The boss is back and all is well. I've been ridiculously productive. The boys are flirtier than usual (especially the guy who took the lunch order over the phone and told me he could talk to me all day). Why, even Mother Nature took one look at me and changed her outlook from gray and rainy to sunny and wild. To quote Udo Kier in "For Love or Money"--"I'm enjoying positive humors today."* How was your Monday? I hope it was at least half as good as mine.



*"I'll take obscure movie quotes for $1000, Alex."

No comments: