Monday, April 11, 2011

Or better yet, just don't sing in public unless you're a professional or at a karaoke bar where bad singing is expected

There's this off-site employee who comes to the office about once a week to pick up and drop off paperwork. She has a very annoying voice. I know, my voice ain't exactly a choir of angels, but this voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

Today she came in singing (over and over and over): "Take meeeeee to the other side." After the third time, I vaguely recognized the tune--The Doors' "Break on Through." Over and over she sang, just that one line, in a voice like Minnie Mouse with a 2-pack-a-day habit.

Now, one of my pet peeves is people who don't know the lyrics and obnoxiously sing the wrong ones. Learn the lyrics (I mean, they're all right there on the Internet) or hum, or if we're in the car, turn up the volume. So, after 20 minutes (I wish I were exaggerating) of "Take meeeee to the other side," I wrote the following to my friend "I want to shove a grenade in her mouth. Is that wrong?"

My friend said "not at all."

No comments: