Saturday, June 25, 2011

The nails are off, but the pounds are not

Teachers, that movie starring Nick Nolte and a not-that-young-but-looks-12 Ralph Macchio, was on when I got home last night. I love that movie. It came out when I was just starting college with the firm belief that I would be a teacher one day. I wanted to be that teacher who cared about the kids and was willing to buck the system to make sure they learned. Ah, to be young and idealistic.

So, while watching that and lamenting my lost youth and innocence, I slowly picked away at my nails. Eventually, sometime around Archers of Loaf performing on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, the last nail came off. I am typing like a pro now. Of course, my fingertips are ultra sensitive and my cuticles look like crap, but the acrylics are gone. Hooray!

Unfortunately, Thursday night's work event, which included happy hour hors d'oeuvres, and appetizers like avocado and ahi, Parmesan fries and chicken fingers, not to mention plenty of wine and champagne, did me in on the scale this morning at Weight Watchers. I gained--significantly! Well, I know a blogger who will be walking extra laps around the building this coming week. It's bad enough I'm already planning the damage I'm going to do when I go back home in a week and eat all kinds of good back-home foods.

No comments: