Monday, November 21, 2011

I'm a Great Aunt, again (or always)

Sorry I've been absent. Things are happening that I can't talk about and I've been ill with the lingering cough (do you have to let it lingerrrrr...).  But I CAN talk about my sweet, brave, niece, Elyse, who endured nearly 24 hours of labor to bring a beautiful baby boy into the world.  Welcome James Matthew Jefferson Shaw.  I'd show you a picture, but he's nekkid and I'd like to give the kid some dignity. I stole this photo from Facebook. I'm not sure who took it. Congratulations, Elyse.  I can't believe you're someone's mother now.


In other news, today is another sweet niece's birthday. Happy Birthday, Mary!  I know what it's like to have a nephew* born so close to your birthday that everyone from here on out will try to lump your birthdays together, and lump it in with Thanksgiving if they can get away with it.  Know that your Aunt Laurie will always recognize your day as your own.


*Love you Roy--wouldn't trade you for the world...even if I did get gipped on the birthdays.  

No comments: