Saturday, September 12, 2009

Movies on the Pier

Last night, I joined some friends at the Santa Monica pier for "Movies on the Pier." The movies are absolutely free (you have to pick up tickets at various locations; follow the link) and there's even free popcorn and water courtesy of Verizon. It got mighty chilly, so I recommend sweatshirts, blankets, and folding chairs. Also, the park is open so the roller coaster was running throughout the night adding squeals to the soundtrack, as well as the flash from the photos taken at the bottom of the coaster and the starbursts of the Ferris wheel. It wasn't entirely distracted but it was noticeable at the quiet parts of the film.

Last night's film was "The Princess Bride," one of my favorite movies of all time. It was so much fun to see it with a giant crowd, most of whom knew all the best lines and cheered for the good parts (Billy Crystal got a round of applause). The next three movies are Hairspray (2007), Fuel, and--I'm so excited about this--Ferris Bueller's Day Off!!

I'll see you there!

1 comment:

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

LOVE that movie!!!