Tuesday, February 08, 2011

In which I sound like Joan Rivers

Can we talk about gas prices? No, I'm not going to rant about how high they are; that is what it is. No, I'm just boggled about the fluctuation in prices around town. After I sold my CDs along with my pride to pay some bills, I went to put gas in the car. Mobil at Santa Monica and Vine has premium gas at $3.79. Valero down the street is at $3.69. 76 on Santa Monica, about five blocks from Vine, is at $3.59. I went with 76. I then drove to my friend's house and noticed prices as high as $3.99 for premium. Granted the highest prices were on the west side (Beverly Hills especially), but the first $3.99 I saw was on Highland. Can someone else a difference of 40 cents for what is essentially the exact same thing? While you're at it, can you explain why the exact same deodorant I buy at the 99Cents only store costs $3.50 at Rite Aid? And why anyone would pay full price when you can get it for $1. Or better yet, just explain the entire economic system. Apparently I am dumb.

And another thing...how hard is it to remember what floor you were on and what floor you're going to when entering an elevator? Is there a brain wave interference when entering elevators, like there is with cell phones? I can't tell you how many times a day I get on the elevator with an entire family (because one person only cannot run an errand, it takes a village) who then proceed to push all three parking buttons, look around when the doors open, decide it's not their floor, repeat at each floor, then push L and start all over again. OR, they enter on the ground floor and want to go down to the parking deck. Really? You can remember that you already came down to the lobby? I just want to run out and get a coffee for the boss, people. I don't have time for your shenanigans. And no, the consulate is no longer in this building.

Now, get off my lawn.

No comments: