Thursday, February 10, 2011

It's things like this that make me believe in divine intervention

To say money is tight at Chez Gingham would be an understatement. On Tuesday I sold the remainder of my formerly vast CD collection to my good friends at Amoeba in order to cover the outstanding checks I had written and make a car payment. Since I'd already sold off the really good stuff, I didn't get as much as I had hoped, so the car payment is still outstanding.

Imagine my surprise when I checked the mail box and saw a check from Mercury Insurance. I haven't had Mercury Insurance for over two years, so I couldn't imagine why they were sending me a check. "Probably overpaid a bill or something," I thought. "It'll be about $3." I opened the envelope and nearly peed my pants. (I had to go already, lest you think I'm THAT excitable) The check was quite sizable. Like four digits sizable--before the decimal!

Back in March 2007, Jamie and I had a little fender bender in a Starbucks parking lot. I never got around to getting her fixed, so I told Mercury to send the claim money directly to the loan company. Apparently, they didn't do that. And now that Jamie is sold, the loan company squared away, the claim money is all mine!!! I can get up to date with my car payments, pay my registration, my past due parking tickets, and still have money left over. Oh, Happy Day!!

Thanks, God! Thanks, whichever angel whispered in his ear. I'm thinking my mom had something to do with it. I've been talking to her a lot lately.

2 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

What a nice Valentine's gift!!! Congratulations!

Christmas Decorators The Woodlands said...

Hello mate nicce blog