Monday, June 15, 2009

Whine, Whine, Wine?

Hey kids! I know it's been a while. I just wanted to let you know I'm still here. Due to some faulty accounting on my part, I had zero dollars in my checking account (okay, $3) for the better part of the past two weeks, so my social life has been non-existent, my cupboard is filled with the finest foods Big Lots has to offer, and my car was running on good intentions, so trips were limited to work only. On the plus side, today is payday!!

The day of reckoning has come (and gone). Analog television is officially no more. As you know, my amazing nephew has hooked up the HD box for me so that I'm not stuck in the dark ages. However, the antenna I currently own is not good enough to pick up most signals. It's hit or miss most days, with me having to twist every which way to get a signal. A channel change requires more antenna calisthenics to the point that it's just not worth even watching television. The Roy has MacGuyvered an antenna for me from a rubber band, a tube sock, and chewing gum (or maybe some coat hangers) but he's having difficulty mailing it. (no pressure, Roy) In the meantime, I spent the weekend watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Seasons 1-3. I start season four tonight, and fortunately I have Angel, Season One, so the crossover episodes won't seem disjointed.

Do you like wine? I like wine. Do you like pretty girls? I like wine. The lovely, talented, and good-to-her-mother Slackmistress (aka Nina Bargiel) is throwing her hat in the ring for that way cool Murphy-Goode Winery job that's been the hit of the internet. If you haven't heard of it, check it out here. Now, here's where you and your love of wine, women, and fun internet stuff omes into play. Click the link below or on the side bar (pretty please) and watch Nina's audition/application video. Send it to your friends and ask them to watch it. And don't forget to vote by entering your email address and confirming that yes, this is your favorite video--because Nina is awesome and quite sociable, online and in person, and she absolutely deserves this job.

2 comments:

the slackmistress said...

Thanks you!!!!!

jenna! said...

She's got my vote!