Saturday, October 23, 2010

Relapse

I was feeling better. Sure I still had some lung ninjas, but I could breathe and smell and taste. Then, I went to an event last night at City Hall and spent some time in the night air, sans jacket, pointing out the sweep of the Lindbergh Beacon (we couldn't see the actual beacon, but you see the beam of light sweeping the sky) to our guests. This morning, I could barely breathe and my head feels like a Macy's Thanksgiving Day balloon. And the coughing...whoa is me, the coughing is beyond annoying. What's a girl to do?

If you're me, a girl downloads "Kindle for PC," then "buys" some free books, and curls up on the sofa with a cup of tea and several classics on her laptop. Or not so classic, as the book I'm currently reading is one of those Scottish Highland handsome brute/lusty maiden kind of novels. Hey, I'm sick. I'll save the Proust for another day.

Please send tissues.

No comments: