Monday, November 07, 2011

Sick....and tired, but not necessarily sick and tired

I inadvertently had a Rob Riggle movie marathon this weekend.  Who is this guy and why was he in every movie I watched this weekend?  I can't find a common denominator, save him, and the fact that they were all comedies.  In the first movie, I thought, "this guy is funny and kind of a douche."  In the second movie, I thought, "Hey, it's that guy again."  By the third movie, I thought, "Oh come on! Now you're just messing with me." Anyway, at least we know the Riggle family isn't starving as daddy is bringing home a steady paycheck.

On Saturday, the ladies of trivia competed in the 2nd Annual King Trivia Tournament of Champions.  We were in 24th place going into the competition.  For the first couple of rounds we held on to first place, but the 3-for-3 round consistently does us in.  I mean, what three Vice Presidents had the shortest terms in office?  Who knows that shit?  Well, apparently a lot of nerds at the competition, because we dropped out of first.  We ended the tournament in 12th place, which isn't bad considering there are 30 teams competing and we only had three team members (against the six that most teams had).  

But the sick, well, that came on sometime overnight.  I blame the time change, because why not.  I woke up Sunday with a sore throat that I attributed to having to shout over the din on Saturday.  An hour later, though, it was clear the sore throat was a harbinger of things to come and not just a run-of-the-mill soreness.  The stuffy head, fever, achy body, cough, chest congestion--yep, I'm fully ill.  Back to bed with a cup of tea I went.  Of course, I had to come to work today, but I had some unavoidable tasks to complete.  Hopefully, I can leave early.  

No comments: