Thursday, April 04, 2013

Most Hard-Earned Medal Ever

So much for blogging every day...

It's been a rough week so far, with lots of waking up late, getting to work late, sitting in meetings that never end and accomplishing squat.  We have a giant fundraising event in just four weeks, and I am in the middle of creating a new website. Also, I have a sinus thing that's making my teeth hurt, and I'm hormonal.  Not the best time to come at me.So, I was kind of at the end of my tolerance yesterday when a co-worker came to me with a new idea.  Her idea is actually cool, but instead of "Hey, I have a great idea," I heard "Hey, I don't like they way you're doing your job. My way is better, so I went to your boss and he agrees."  Which, really?  No one needs that.  

I went from zero to enraged in two seconds and warned her, as calmly as possible, that this was not a good day and that I  really can't think about anything else at the moment.  I sent her away, closed my door, and cried for a good five minutes.  Then, I went for a walk and got some chocolate.  If anyone deserves this medal, it's me.


Let's see if I can keep up this winning streak for the whole week

No comments: