Monday, September 25, 2006

I live there. I will park as long as I want.

I showered late last night so that I wouldn't have to get up too early this morning. I tend to putz in the mornings and that putzing, along with my short attention span, leads to my scrambling to get to work on time. So, today I was refreshed, relaxed, and on time when I left the house.

It was a little chilly this morning (East Coast and Midwest readers: do not laugh) and the back window was foggy. I turned on the car and the rear-window defogger, and of course, the radio.
I was bopping along to a great song and applying lipstick when I heard "beep beep." I turn to see some woman with crazy hair asking me if I'm going to be pulling out soon, with a "this-is-no-place-to-put-your-makeup-on" look. I live here. I pay my $12 a year for a parking permit. I will sit in my car and read War and Peace if I feel like it and no bedheaded beeyotch is going to intimidate me. However, it was time to leave, so I go to pull out of the spot and Crazy Head is still sitting right next to my car giving me the hairy eyeball. Well, Lady, I'd love to give you this parking spot, but you have to BACK THE FUCK UP so I can get OUT of the spot first. (see diagram--that's me in the green car)

I gave her the stink eye and she backed up. Now, I had to do a K-turn, which really pissed off Crazy Head royally. Dang, woman, if you're in such a hurry, then spring for the paid parking up the street.

3 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Excellent illustration. Love the lipsticked lips and those square cars.

dizzy von damn! said...

you should have punched her face.

Anonymous said...

You should have gotten out and started singing The Chicken Dance at her. Angrily.