Monday, June 28, 2010

We're back and ready for round two

Sigh

I emailed the boss first thing and told her I was heading to Van Nuys to pick Jamie up from Max and hopped in the shower. I decided to check the bank account first, and to check the bus route because I knew there had to be something closer than the Orange Line. Consequently, I got out of the house later than I had expected. No worries, still plenty of time. After all, I'm just picking up the car and driving to work, right? Right??

Well, I won't bore you with bus details but honestly, mta.net should warn a girl about a 30 minute layover zone. I arrived at Max's, who told me he changed the water pump and the #3 spark plug (the usual culprit) just to be safe. Awesome. And he knocked a bit more off the price because he felt bad for me. Even better. I handed him my debit card and...transaction failed?? But I have plenty in there. So, I called the bank and the lovely folks at the ATM Fraud Protection Department put a block on my card because surely no one would have two large transactions at the same auto repair shop within two days. The nice lady said, "Oh, we thought someone was trying to rip you off." "Nope, just a piece of crap car," I replied. They removed the block, I paid Max and was off. Well, first Max had to help me drive my car past the Porsche maze because the last thing I needed was to ding a Boxster, but then I was off.

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a ....Fuck Me! Why is the check engine light on??? I'd gotten almost to the 170 on-ramp this time. Back to Max's we go, where he hooked her up to the ol' computer diagnostics and found that the #4 cylinder was misfiring this time. Oddly it didn't feel like it was misfiring, but who am I to question the all-knowing diagnostics computer. He fixed that one free of charge. I finally made it to work and then to a nice nearby car dealership. But that's a story for another day.

Oh, and somehow I lost my camera. I had it on Tuesday but it's gone now. I have an idea what happened and it's my fault, but that doesn't make it any easier.

No comments: