Saturday, August 21, 2010

The week in which nothing of note happened, but I'll note it anyway

This has been a particularly non-eventful week, or so I've been saying all week. I didn't go anywhere or do anything fun. I did a whole lot of research for the upcoming elections and legislature, and well, that's about it. But let me think, I may have something to say after all.

Hmmm...
My brother is ill. That's worth noting. Let's all send prayers and positive feelings toward Little Rock, AK, for my big brother, Brian. (handy bit of alliteration, no?) It's fairly serious, so he can use all the help he can get. My family and I are notorious procrastinators when it comes to medical issues. We're like the Black Knight from Monty Python and The Holy Grail. I urge you all to not be like us. Get better, Bri Bri.

I saw a crazy accident yesterday and the woman walked away from it. She was driving a giant silver pick up truck and ran into the side of a motel. The front end of the truck was destroyed but other than being shaken (and who wouldn't be) she appeared to be all right.

I got a new cell phone at work. Naturally, I made a new cell phone cover instead of finishing the lacy scarflette I've been making for my boss's birthday (which was two weeks ago). It's a particularly inspired cell phone cover, too, but I can't tell you about it until it's blocked and sewn. I couldn't block it Thursday night because a) I didn't want to wet block and wait for it to dry; b) the steamer wouldn't help the stockinette lie flat; and c) I don't own an iron. I borrowed the iron from work and will block and finish it this weekend. Hopefully, we'll have a pictorial by Monday.

Oh, that's strange. I'm alone and suddenly I smell that powdery old lady perfume. Weird. This place is haunted!

Hey, here's a funny story. I stayed late at work last night to try to catch up on some things and fell asleep at my desk. I know! I fell asleep sitting upright in my chair with my hand on the mouse and everything. I have no idea when I went out but when I woke up, it was dark outside. My sister suspects narcolepsy, an it's not the first time I've thought of this. This is the first time I've fallen asleep at work, though. Well, this work. It happened at Tower once. I'm just glad no one was around to see it because I'm sure it was hilarious.

Okay, what else.....my car is dirty. Black really shows the dirt. Why didn't anyone warn me? Oh, that's right. They did. I keep meaning to have Mercutio (or Mauricio or whoever the guy is who washes cars here at work) give her a good washing and detailing, but he has not been around this week. Yes, I suppose I could drop a few quarters and do it myself, but it's so darned convenient. It's right there on P4, and he'll even bring your keys up to your office for you. Maybe after payday....and maybe I'll get my hair cut, too. (and maybe pigs will fly...see? the procrastinating?)

While doing some research, I stumbled across a website that, quite frankly, is a little scary. We've all Googled our home address, or our friends' address, or an ex-boyfriend's address...don't look at me like that. You know you've done it. Yes, you have. YES, you HAVE. Anyway, I was looking up stuff and one of the links brought me to a sight that combines search engine results and presents satellite images of homes of the rich and/or famous, as well as fun things like giant food statues and a woman flashing her boobs at the Google truck. I'll admit; I was intrigued. Then, after looking around the site, I felt kind of dirty--like a Peeping Tom. I mean, some of these images are so close you can see the pillows on the lawn furniture in their pristine back yard (Nice choice, A-list actor who shall remain unnamed) and inside their houses, if the angle is right. Although, I did find this Google maps photo of graffiti in progress pretty entertaining.
Okay, I'm out. Hopefully something fun and/or newsworthy will occur next week so I don't leave you hanging again.

No comments: