Thursday, September 23, 2010

My apartment is haunted! Or, I may just be coming down with something bad

Yesterday, my nose ran like a marathoner. I was sniffling and talking like a kid all day. "I'mb find. I'mb not thick." I blamed it on allergies, even though the tickle in my through and low-grade fever said otherwise. By the time I got home last night, I was feeling pretty woozy and had a headache, which may have been the result of watching TV without my glasses, but whatever.

So, I took an Excedrin PM and went to bed. While I slept, I dreamed. In one of them, I woke up to find a little girl with Shirley Temple curls lying beside me. She was positively cherubic, with rosy cheeks and that puffy lip little kids get when they're sleeping. I woke her up to find out who she was and why she was in my bed, when suddenly she became this demonic creature scratching and clawing at me.

I woke up for real, then quickly fell asleep again with nary a thought to the evil child. So, imagine my shock and dismay when, while putting my hair up, I found red welts and a brush burn on the inside of my left arm and down my left side. My mind immediately flashed a picture of the demon child clawing at me and I ran to my bed to make sure the sheets weren't torn and bloody like in my dream. They weren't. Now, I know the more likely explanation is spider bite, but the brush burn was too spread out. Hmmmm.....stay tuned.

No comments: