Saturday, September 18, 2010

This post is totally about art, if you put an f in front of it and the adjective old

Today is my father's birthday. He's no spring chicken, but he's still kickin'. (that's a little redneck/ Hallmark humor for you) Happy Birthday, Daddy, you old fart.

Speaking of old farts, Sandy and I (that's my new car in case you're not keeping up) took a little trip out to the Fallbrook center in West Hills to do a little Walmart shopping. Yeah, yeah, I know, Walmart is the nexus of evil, but I needed some work pants and possibly a new bra and they're so cheap! Okay, it was a pipe dream to think they'd have a bra in my size--extra, extra buxom--but a girl can hope and stock up on shampoo while she's there.

Since the theatre where my friend and former roommate works is in the same complex, I hung around a bit to visit with her. I even had the foresight to bring my knitting so I could make some progress on the mittens I started for my sister last year. I chatted with Tami (she's sick and her voice was doing this squeaky thing like Peter Brady going through puberty), then stuck around to see a movie. I saw The Town. It wasn't horrible. But you're thinking to yourself, "What does this have to do with old farts?" Obviously, you've never been to this theatre. I swear, I was the youngest person in the auditorium. And don't get behind a group if you have to pee after that 2 hour movie and large diet coke. I'm just saying...

After the movie, I got a frozen yogurt at Menchie's. If you've never been, you're missing out. You grab a cup, pour your own, top it, and weigh it. And you can put any number of toppings you want, which was crazy because there are soooo many to choose from. And the flavors? None of this Pinkberry "we have two flavors and don't fall in love with the green tea because we'll take it away" bullshit. There was a whole wall of flavors. Not sure what to get? Grab a shot cup and start tasting. I ended up with Cake Batter (low fat) with Golden Grahams and mini peanut butter cups on top. And even though it was loaded, it only came to $4 and change. Pretty sweet! It was pretty tasty, too. They're all over town. Check out one near you.

No comments: