Friday, December 02, 2011

"Best Selling" is not synonymous with "Really Good" (Or "The Empress's New Clothes")

Long time readers know I love me some "America's Next Top Model."  It's pretty much the ONLY "reality" TV show I watch (mostly because I don't have cable, but also because I love Miss Jay).  This past Wednesday, Tyra had the four finalists posing and acting out scenes or themes (I was unclear) from her own work of fiction, Modelland.  Yes, my friends, Tyra Banks wrote a novel.  I'll pause here while you recover from this news.  

The scenes she had the girls doing were ridiculous and became more and more absurd.  Finally, Christina, who was watching it with me, and I decided we NEEDED to read this book, if for no other reason than to openly mock it.  I searched every library in the city and county and found two copies at two separate branches.  They are now in my possession.  

I have read the first chapter, and while I don't want to give anything away because Christina hasn't started reading yet, I think my title up top gives you an idea of what we're up against.  Remember, TyTy...even Snooki "wrote" a best seller.

No comments: