Tuesday, January 17, 2012

And I didn't get a ticket

Monday and Tuesday are street cleaning days in my neighborhood.  Monday is my side of the street, that is, the side on which my house sits.  Tuesday is the business side of the street--the police side.  Now, I usually get Tuesday-side parking without a problem. This week, however, I was out on Sunday [kicking some trivia ass at Busby's West], and when I got home, no Tuesday-side parking was available.  I parked on the Monday-side and pondered what to do on MLK, Jr Day to get out of the area for three hours.  

Monday dawned and still I had no plan of action.  8:00am became 9:00, then 9:30 and street cleaning starts at 10!  Being a holiday, you'd think there'd be amnesty, but I've been burned before.  Plus the parking enforcers hate me. Finally, I remembered that I had milk bottles to return and a Wal-mart gift card to spend.  From the comfort of my bed, with the help of my iPhone, I mapped out a route that would take me to both places in a nice loop.  

So that's what I did. I spent an hour or so in Wal-mart spending my gift card, although they didn't have marshmallow fluff. I know! What's more white trash than marshmallow fluff?  *shrugs*  Off to Broguiere's Dairy.

I turned in four empty bottles and got a gallon of milk and $1.25 in return.  Not too shabby.  And it was a nice drive with not a lot of traffic on a beautiful day.  

When I returned home, it was five minutes until 1pm. I took a chance with the parking folks.  Plus, this guy was sitting on my lawn eating his lunch, which made me hungry.




No comments: