Monday, March 15, 2010

Good Monday to you all

Hello everyone. Have you recovered from your lost hour? I woke up Sunday and began writing in my journal and wrote the date as "March 14, 2008." So, clearly, I did not "Spring Forward" as everyone else did. Also, I had really messed up dreams between Saturday and Sunday, so there's that, too. On the plus side, traffic was super light today and everyone was late so I got a prime parking spot.

My bones hurt. It started yesterday evening when I was struck with a killer migraine while watching a bidding war on eBay. I figured that was just because of eyestrain. Then I tried to stand up and--Ouch!--it hurt just to be standing. Again, I chalked this up to being incredibly out of shape and having to haul my butt up a hill for a work function yesterday. As the evening progressed, however, I began to realize that it was not a muscle pain, but deep inside, like my bones actually aching. It was really bad when I woke up this morning. I almost called in sick. But do you know what you should NOT do if you have mysterious bone aching symptoms? You should NOT look on the Internet. Within minutes I diagnosed myself as having a problem with red blood cells, sarcoidosis, or cancer. I have a doctor appointment on Friday, so I'll ask her opinion. I'm sure it's just my out-of-shape ass feeling the burn. Or it could be some chemical reaction from having hair dye on for much longer than the recommended time. Or something rare that they haven't made a TV movie about yet. We'll see.

Here's a cartoon for you. It's one of my favorites. Thanks to Anne-Marie for reminding me of it.
[click for a bigger image]
It's funny because cats make lousy bankers. Also, "jangly" may be my new favorite adjective.

Have a good week, folks. I'm all about catching up on my doctor visits this week (I have several appointments).

4 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

TeeHee.
I felt bad for killing ladybugs, until this morning when another 5 million had appeared in their place. Must Move House Soon!

mamamouseiam said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but I agree, STOP reading on the internet! Dangerous stuff, that.

Here's something to make you feel better. It's a link to live video of a bear and her new cub, here in northern MN. Fascinating, and at times, a very high cuteness level! I don't know why I didn't share this earlier. http://www.wildearth.tv/static/wildearth/channels/we_bear_den_noload.html

mamamouseiam said...

Look now, Laurie - the cub is in the den alone, and the cuteness factor is off the charts! :-)

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Troll the internet for symptoms, or watch House. Same result either way.