Thursday, January 18, 2007

What the hey? (Obscure reference alert)

This is the conversation I had this morning with someone, approximately my age:
Me--Yesterday it snowed in Malibu. Today it's 75 degrees. Looks like Mikkos didn't die in the explosion on Cassadine Island after all and is using the Ice Princess for evil.
Other Person--(blank stare)
Me--You know, from General Hospital?
OP--(looking warily at me while inching toward the door)
Me--He had a machine that made snow? He was going to freeze the world? It was very Austin Powers/ Dr. Evil but in the 80's.
OP--Uh, I guess I'm too young.

Great! Now I'm the strange woman who makes obscure references. Sometimes I hate how my mind and mouth don't work in harmony.

In other news, I haven't had time to go to the car wash, so Jamie is filthy. I'm fully aware of this, but do other drivers have to not-so-subtly point this out? On the 101 this morning, every single car, without fail, who merged in front of me from various on ramps decided to wash their windshields, thus splashing my car with wiper fluid. EVERY ONE! It was both annoying and hilarious at the same time. And really, what's with the high-powered wiper fluid jets? I mean, this stuff flew right over the roofs of the cars in front of me to hit my windshield. Their evil plan backfired, however, for while I have the cleanest windshield this side of the Grapevine, the rest of the car remains filthy.

4 comments:

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

The Bullet (hey, if you're gonna have a name for your car, I guess I can too!) is disgustingly dirty. I hate that we have just enough rain to dirt things up but not enough to clean.

Guess I could always pay the Jman to wash it. Hey, maybe you can get him to wash Jamie too!!

Oatmeal, the Bandit said...

Now that you mention it, the last time Blue Cheese got a bath was sometime in the summer.
I just don't care enough to wash it.

Anonymous said...

Dude! Free wiper fluid! SWEET!

I've had my car for a year this week and still no name. Poor car.

Anonymous said...

What really sucks is when people do that after you've just had your car all washed up for $16. Arrgghhh!!!