Sunday, February 01, 2009

Where have all the good yarns gone?

I woke up Saturday ready to start come new projects so I headed out to Michael's in Burbank. Michael's yarn department sucks. I could not find all the colors I needed in the same brand of yarn. I was able to pick up yarn for one hat but I needed more. So I did it--I went to Unwind the day BEFORE the big sale. I was hard pressed to find what I needed there, too. Where is all the good yarn? Do I have to order online? If I weren't so afraid Jamie's wheels would pop off, I'd have gone to Santa Monica but alas, I did not.

Well, I'll start Anne's hat and shop elsewhere for yarn for Chris and Jackson's hats. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stitch Cafe on Magnolia and Whitsett has Cascade 220, regular and superwash. I can't imagine a color you'd need that they don't make.

I also like the place at 3rd and Crescent (the name totally escapes me) but I don't know if you'll find anything as cheap as Cascade.

Ellen Bloom said...

Whaddya need? I've got a garage-full o' stuff. If it's just a skein here and there, I'd be happy to give you a deal!

Natalie said...

Ellen's backyard yarn bonanza is open for wheeling and dealing. She has the best stock around.

But I second the Stitch Cafe for the awesome selection of Cascade 220.