Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Administrative Professionals Day/ Week

My boss called this morning and asked what her schedule looked like. I gave her the rundown of early meetings and afternoon conference calls, then waited for the inevitable "I need you to reschedule...." that I love so much. But this time, I didn't mind so much. Why? Because she needed to reschedule things in order to take me to lunch. Yea! I even got to pick the restaurant. I chose Rock'n Fish at LA Live. It was that or The Yardhouse, but I really love the spicy Mac & Cheese at Rock'n Fish. She said I could even have an adult beverage. Woo Hoo! By the time we left, we had accumulated other guests (other directors and their assistants), so I wasn't so alone.

Lunch was delicious. I had the blackened Halibut, mac & cheese, sweet potato fries and a glass of red wine. I also split a bleu cheese wedge salad with the boss. We ordered a round of roasted artichokes for starters. All around, a good deal. Until I got back to the office. Something I ate did not agree with me in a hurry and I felt sick for the rest of the day. Yea, me! Everyone else was just fine, so I'm certainly not blaming the restaurant. Rock'n Fish does indeed rock. It's just my stupid stomach which has suddenly decided to become persnickety and make me sick after every meal. Oh, well. It's good for the weight loss efforts.

To all my secretarial friends out there (I'm looking at you, Ellen), I hope you had a great day and were shown some appreciation. To everyone else, I hope you showed some appreciation and respect to an administrative professional today or sometime this week. Remember, nobody sees the wizard without an appointment and guess who sets the appointments. (a fact that was sadly lost on several record company executives back in my Tower days)

2 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the shout-out L-A. Yes, our Secretary's Day events were lovely at my office. I wrote about them here:

http://ellenbloom.blogspot.com/2010/04/administrative-professionals-day.html#links

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Y'know, I have hear that lactose-intolerance increases with age... OH, and stress! And I have anecdotally found both to be true. :( Otherwise, sounds like you had a *perfect* luncheon!