Thursday, December 21, 2006

Rantings and whatnot

Dog or no dog?--After my whirlwind weekend and a party Monday night (to say Goodbye forever to Tower Records), I've been pretty tired. I fall asleep sometime after Jeopardy and wake up in time for the news. But I didn't mean to fall asleep in the middle of "I want a dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown." Did ReRun get to keep Spike or not? Does anyone know? I'm dying here.

Volvo commercial-- You know that Volvo commercial with the father and the little girl? The child is adorable, telling her father some story that involves a small-headed thing with legs who wants to change colors. Well, I just want to know, who dressed that child? A pink print shirt, striped sweater vest, green and white print skirt, dark tights with white polka dots--seriously??
I mean, yes, real children (my nieces) have thrown tantrums to wear what they choose to school, but you'd think in a commercial, someone would choose a somewhat matching outfit.

Baby Bomb-- Did you hear about the woman who put her one-month-old grandson in a plastic bin and sent him through the airport X-ray? The news called it an "Innocent mistake by an inexperienced traveler" and cited a language barrier. Innocent mistakes are trying to carry scissors or a full bottle of shampoo onto the plane, not putting a baby through the x-ray machine. A BABY!! IN THE X-RAY!!! This is my favorite quote from the news article--"We're trying to figure out what changes we can make, short of putting up signs saying, 'Don't put your baby through the X-ray machine.'" I can't believe that no other travelers tried to stop her. Fortunately, the baby was fine. He'll glow in the dark for a bit, but otherwise, he's fine.

Holiday Displays and the people who hate them--Not only do we have the Snowman Slasher (above) but the Trashy Lingerie lady is getting flack from her snooty Hancock Park neighbors over her incredibly bright Holiday display. Can't we all just get along? It's a few (thousand) lights for one month out of the year. Deal with it.

ah, the coffee and cookies is kicking in, I'm less ranty now. But really, if anyone watched that Charlie Brown special, tell me what happened with ReRun.

1 comment:

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Volvomercial - I *LOVE* that mercial! I hate the cars and those that drive 'em, but that little gurlie is right on point! Of course, I never noticed the outfit b/c I'm always looking at my knitting during the mercials!

I didn't hear about the TL lady. Do provide a link!