Sunday, December 10, 2006

Ta Dah!

Last December, as in Christmas 2005, I had the brilliant idea to knit scarves for all of my classmates at school--well, the cool kids anyway. I finished all but two in time for the gift exchange, and truth be told, I crocheted a couple of them. But two remained undone--unstarted even. Poor Kelli and Audra. They were so patient. I had issues. I couldn't find the right red for Kelli and the right lavender for Audra. I finally found the yarns, and finished Kelli's scarf just in time for those chilly LA summers. Nothing says LA like a thick wool blend.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am happy to report that at 4:30 yesterday afternoon, just hours before our Christmas party, I finished Audra's scarf. (Blocking? You never heard of the "ah, hell, that looks good enough" method?) So, without further ado, I give you--Branching Out!
Pay no attention to the ugly green comforter. Look! You can't even see all the mistakes I made!

And look how happy Audra was to FINALLY receive last year's Christmas present. Pay no attention to the bad cell phone photo. She was blinded by the many flashing cameras already in use and I took pity on her.




2 comments:

dizzy von damn! said...

B E A Youtiful!

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

so verrah, verrah preeetteeee!