Monday, April 23, 2007

Drive-by Hugging

T minus three days and counting until we move to our new offices and I still have so much to do. But that didn't stop me from cutting out a little early today to spend time with my brother-in-law, Michael, as he passed through LA on his way to Diamond Bar for a sales meeting or something businessy like that.

We went to dinner at the Weiland Brewery Underground at 5th and Flower. Darn tasty eats, and a powerful microbrew to boot. Then we headed up to the street, where I showed him my favorite place in the city. We were lucky enough to stumble upon an exhibit of art by Fred Marcellino off the wing from the Children's Library. Then, we headed up the steps--okay, we took the escalator--up to Grand, but not over to California Plaza because Angel's Flight isn't open yet and I was tired.


Alas, Michael had to head off to his hotel in Diamond Bar, so we headed back to my office (with a quick tour through USC and Greek Row) and hugged a lot before I sent him off to the Inland Empire.


Bye Mickey! Have a safe trip!

No comments: