Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Things that made me smile today

My body naturally wakes up at 7:00 am every weekday without fail. This doesn't help when I have an alarm set for 5:00 am, which I ignore repeatedly. This morning, when I woke up at 7:00 and glanced at my clock, I caught it at just the right moment--exactly 7:00:30. The blue hands represent the hour, the red represents seconds, and the orange is the alarm set. I saw it as a sign.



On the freeway, between the many fender-benders littering the roadside, was a giant frog pinata. It had burst open, but it still had a big smile for all the drivers who bothered to notice.
I felt bad for it at first, because I tend to transfer feelings to inanimate objects, but that smile gave me inspiration to bravely face whatever trials and tribulations may befall me today. If the broken frog can smile through his pain, so can I.

When I tried to open the database to print up labels, I got the following error message:

This database is in an unexpected state.
Did it move to Wyoming and not leave me a forwarding address?
Then, Over The Hedge, one of my favorite comic strips, referenced that YouTube cartoon with the unicorns that I posted back in February. Remember? "Charlieeeee....Shun the non-believer." I giggled for hours--okay, a few seconds.
And it's only 1:30. Imagine the delights that await me.
[edited: 5:14pm] Mashed Potato Bowl from KFC was pretty damned delightful. Traffic on Figueroa was not. Muggy weather was not.

1 comment:

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

GAWD. I just, like, totally HATE IT when my server is in an unexpected state! But - like Horshack always said - when you least expect it, EXPECT IT.