Sunday, December 21, 2008

My camera is broken and my phone finally sent photos

Waaahhh! I've been trying to post for a few days, but I wanted to include photos. My camera didn't work--dead batteries, I presumed. My cell phone, for whatever reason, refuses to send photos to my email*. I have no photos and my post won't really mean anything. So I'm stealing a photo from Ellen to tell you about my wicked awesome and dorky holiday hat for the WeHo SnB Holiday/Faith, Lori, Bridget, Catherine and Jenna Birthday party. Jenna won, too.My winning hat was made from items I found around the office on Thursday afternoon--a baseball cap, some red vinyl tablecloth, a poinsettia I swiped from someone's office door, candy canes from the finance department and the lights on the brim (which you can't really see) came from some bracelets we had leftover from a campaign. My prize for such mad creative skills was a darling mug from Starbucks that looks like cabled knitting. I immediately went home and filled it with hot tea.
Then I came home and started a gift for my Mom ('cause I'm like that). I knitted her a tattooed heart from this pattern. Then, because that was so quick, I thought I'd knit her up so footies to wear around the house and keep her toes warm--just those little peds things with the pom poms on their heels. It's not going as quickly as the heart so maybe they won't be ready for Christmas. Sorry Mommy.


*my phone works again thanks to the sage advice of one of my co-workers who said, "take the battery out and then put it back in." It worked!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

You holiday hat was the bomb! I loved it. Have you been cruisin' the neighborhood, spreading holiday cheer in it?

The tattoo heart is fantastic.

Ellen Bloom said...

Hahahaha! You and Jenna both looked so great at our WeHoHoHo Party! Congratulations, again! Glad you using the cable cup!

The Mom Heart looks great! I could use a pair of wooly slippers with pom poms myself....time to get over to the ack-rylic bin and crochet me some! Good idea!

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Mom heart!!! (Just kinda wished I'd checked your blog before the gifts went to San Diego... Well, there are bdays coming up. I can still use it!)