Monday, March 09, 2009

What did you do this weekend?

In honor of National Crochet Month (not really), Criss and I were perusing crochet patterns to make a scarf for our friend Toy. In her searching, Criss found this--the Beer Bracelet. What an ingenious creation! You can wear it when not in use, then--BAM--whip it out and wrap up that bottle or coffee cup. They are super quick to crochet (after Ellen, my crochet guru, showed me how to do the Linked Treble Stitch). I made one in 20 minutes while answering the phones up front. Doesn't it look like a monkey face? Don't mind my mismatched buttons. It's all I could find. Here it is on the bottle.It looks a little big on the bottle so maybe I'll move the buttons back a bit. However, it fits perfectly on a grande Starbucks cup, so maybe I won't. Either way, it's a cool little item and a quick gift.

How does this fit into my "Finish All Projects In March" pledge? Um, it doesn't. But they were so quick and too cute to not make. Anyway, this weekend I returned to projects already in progress and made headway on one item. Unfortunately, I had to rip out a hat and start over with more stitches (after I had already done the ribbing, too). Ah, the ebb and flow of knitting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least it's finished. So it fits the mandate if you really stretch it.

Ellen Bloom said...

Excellent work! I really like the look of that linked treble stitch!! I must try it for one of my projects. Glad I could assist!

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Sweeet. Hey, you could always get funky and do a double-row of buttons (matched or not); that way it would be adjustable!

Natalie said...

Good work.
Happy drinking and stylin' wearing.