Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Oh, the humiliation

I should have known something was up. My mascara worked, there was a cute boy at the grocery store, light traffic, boss in a good mood...and then it came...and I was totally unprepared because it's early. About four days early. I usually have something in my desk, but for some reason, all I have in there are useless pantiliners. In case you haven't guessed yet (boys, avert your eyes), I got my period and I didn't have nary a tampon or pad. I quickly checked with the three other female types in this place and no one was packing.

I have, excuse me, had $4 in my pocket. That's it until payday. The pads at the liquor store next door cost $4.99 + tax. Do you have any idea how humiliating it was to bargain with the Middle Eastern liquor store owner? "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a maxi pad today". Fortunately, I've worked here for years and he knows I'm good for the $1.40 that I now owe him. I'm sure my face turned a thousand shades of red. It's a good thing I'm charming...and have a nice rack.


No comments: