Okay--It's a MEME! Oh, that Sachi. Here's the rules:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Now, let's see what juicy secrets I shall reveal:
- I love Bingo. Really. I love the tension that builds when half the room is one or two numbers away and you're just waiting for B9 and then some old bitty in the back yells, "BINGO" and you just want to beat her with her "Grammy's Bingo Bag" tote. Back home, instead of hosting a Tupperware party, the local T-ladies would hold a massive Tupperware party in the fire hall and play Bingo to boot. Prizes were Tupperware products. Lordy, the plastic I had in my cupboards. Guess what I'm watching on Friday nights.
- I don't like being high or impaired in any way. I'm very sensitive to the effects of substances and aspirin makes me drowsy. So, I only take pain medication if I'm in unbearable amounts of pain, and I only take my allergy meds if I'm going to be around a known trigger, like cats or pine trees. This is also why I don't smoke pot (aside from the whole asthma thing) and rarely drink to excess, although I do break my own rules occasionally 'cause I'm allowed.
- I should not be allowed to own a checking account. I'm HORRIBLE at managing money. I'm a total impulse buyer and will blow a paycheck on bright, shiny objects while bills are paid late. Tina has offered to get me a budget, as has Tami, but honestly, (and Tina, this is why I haven't given you the info yet) I know me well enough to know it'll be forgotten as soon as I see something nifty. My compromised ATM card may prove to be a Godsend.
- [Really? 8 things?] Um, I talk to myself. Not in the muttering way that most people do, but full on conversations with people I know, only I'm answering for them. And you know, the conversations don't always go my way.
- I'm a slob. My apartment is shamefully messy and would make my Mommy cry. I recognize the need to clean and will scold myself daily, but then, eh... On the other hand, when I'm really angry, I will clean like mad. And, I actually enjoy cleaning the bathroom and kitchen.
- I love my handwriting. I practiced my penmanship all the time growing up because I loved my mother's signature and wanted to be able to write like her. I believe I have exceeded my expectations.
- I'm afraid of ridiculous things, like the dark and Sasquatch. When I was young, I saw one of those "In Search Of..." movies about Bigfoot and was honest-to-God afraid that Bigfoot was going to attack. There was a re-enactment in the film in which Bigfoot put his arm through a living room window and smashed a lamp. For the rest of my life, I would not (and still won't) sit on the sofa in front of the big window at night. If I HAD to sit on that sofa, I'd sit in the corner and lean way back so Bigfoot wouldn't be able to tell I was there.
- [phew, last one] I have always gotten along better with boys than girls. While I have a lot of women friends as an adult, I tended to gravitate toward men for friendships when I was younger. I still do at jobs and with neighbors.