Friday, August 21, 2009

Wish me luck

I didn't mention this yesterday, but on top of all the tooth troubles, Jamie has been acting up. She's been kind of sputtery upon acceleration. It feels much like the problem I was having a year ago when she kept breaking down on me. So, after Tuesday's dental appointment, I drove her out to see her friend Max, the German Car King. Naturally, when Max test drove around the block, she didn't sputter at all, but based on my description and the problems we had before, Max decided she was misfiring and hooked her up to the diagnostics machine. The computer found nothing wrong, but Max checked the spark plugs anyway, since that was the root of all evil last time. He only changed plugs 1 and 4, since they were easily reached without removing the manifold and they were "gunked up." Max said if she still had problems to bring her back and he'd change 2 and 3. Here's the rub: I can't afford to bring her back until payday (end of the month) and she's acting up something fierce today. I'm kind of afraid she'll leave me stranded on the way to the dentist so I also mapped out the bus route to Burbank and I'll be taking those streets instead of the freeways. Fingers crossed that I make it to and from. After that, I think I'll let her sit until payday rather risk a break down.

Meanwhile, enjoy these old dentist photos in honor of my impending doom.

I feel your pain, little guy.

Look how pretty the chair and spit sink look. It's like a dentist set up shop in my Grandmother's living room.


Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

BURBANK?! You couldn't find a closer dentist?!

Good luck. I'll be sending out the positive thought vibes in your general direction.