Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Is it a sick day if you're at work?

Isn't the internet a wonderful thing? I mean, there I was, innocently catching up on Uccellina's latest blog entry, when I clicked on a link for I may be knitting a ranch house . She in turn, had a link for a "moldy bread" plushie she had recently purchased for her boyfriend, which lead me to www.mypapercrane.com, and Oh. My. God. This woman, Heidi Kenney, makes plush dolls of everything. And I mean EVERY THING. What girl doesn't want her very own stuffed tampon? I personally want the burnt toast plush, in either the 5 x5 or pillow sized (my birthday is in November, for anyone wishing to get me something cute). Check out the whole set, for such delights as plush donuts, plush milk cartons, plush used tissues (yep, you heard that right) and so many more things that I just can't list here, but which made me squeal like a little girl. Miss Kendra, this is right up your alley.

I wanted to call in sick today. I was on my way--dialed the first three numbers--when I realized that a) the boss is out so no one would take the call; b) there is a report that absolutely must be run today; and c) staying home means running the risk of having to deal with Frau Landlady. I'm not staying though. I'm feel queasy. I have to clean my apartment, and really, I just want to sit outside and read a book. Is that too much to ask?

2 comments:

Sachi said...

I kinda dig the plush bathroom myself.

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Gawd, those are CUTE (don't know why, but I have the voice of Stuart's mom from MadTV in my head on that one!) I even like the tampons (thank gods THEY are not "used"), even tho they cause toxic shock syndrome. :)

Just what I needed - another way to spend money I don't have on stuff I don't need. Thanks.