Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Paying the piper

This is what I get for taking three days off to frolic with my nephew. The forecast for Laurie Ann is "Busy" with a 95% chance of "Holy Crap, can I catch a break?" I've been a multi-tasking fool.
Today, I had to leave early and run out to Los Feliz to pick up a certificate. With an early dismissal AND because I spent Sunday reading Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows instead of doing laundry, I had every intention of doing laundry today after work. What did I do when I got home, dehydrated from the hour I spent on the freeway and side streets in a really, really hot car? Turned the fan on and promptly fell asleep on the sofa. I woke up at 7:00 in time for "Jeopardy." So much for laundry today. I'll have to reach far back into the closet to find something presentable for work tomorrow.

Meanwhile, here's some fun photos for you. And by fun, I mean things to make fun of.
I'd say they just made a mistake, but there were several of these strategically placed around the area.

Note the red truck way over the line and the silver van somewhat over the line? If I could have taken a photo of the entire line of parked cars you'd see no less than six cars and trucks parked over the line, some of them effectively taking two parking spots. A-holes, every last one of them! And don't get me started on the jerks who turn right at the top of the ramp when there's a sign clearly telling them to keep left and go around the lot, who then get pissed when someone like me, foolishly following the rules, tries to exit via the exit lane (marked by a giant white arrow) after they have made their illegal right turn. More A-holes!

No comments: