Thursday, July 19, 2007

Royfest 2007: Day 5

We are lazy schlubs, the Roy and I. Both of us slept a little late, then couldn't get motivated until it was too late to go anywhere really. But we were hungry and we hadn't had any Mexican food yet. So I took him to La Taquiza on Figueroa.

Roy had the enchilada con pollo plate (#2) while I had the California chicken salad with two chorizo tacos.

Yummy spicy goodness.







Since we were in the USC area, I took Roy to the Science Center. Unfortunately, they were closing at 5:00. There was just enough time for Roy to test out the earthquake simulator and to see a newborn baby chick in the Chicken vs. Egg display. And I mean newborn as in it just hatched and it's feathers were still wet. Sooo cute.

What is Roy doing here--A) Recording his soon-to-be number one hit "My Aunt Rocks"; B) talking to his boss at CONTROL headquarters because his shoe phone was broken; or C) testing out his hearing range and proving that yes, I'm old, and yes, he's young and has the hearing equivalent of dogs and teenagers.The answer is, of course, C. I must have--what did Ellen call it? Rock N Roll ears?--because I couldn't hear below 30.

After we came home and lazed about until 10ish, we took a walk over to 7-11 for snacks, then came home to watch a movie. I hope I have energy tomorrow. I want to take him downtown.

3 comments:

dizzy von damn! said...

i'm gonna see you tonight right?

Ellen Bloom said...

La Taquiza on Figueroa?!! I've never been there. You scooped me! I must try it. Where on Fig? Close to USC? Close to Felix Chevrolet? Have you seen the dancing Felix figures inside the dealership...they are faboo.

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

EB knows *everything*; I can't believe you (who goes to the Roscoes in Hollyweird) managed to scoop her!!

It's too hot to be too ambitious. Seriously. Even if I didn't have my sleeping issues, if I didn't have to go to work, I would not be up and about before 5pm.