Friday, January 09, 2009

Clearly I work with heathens

I slept poorly last night and woke up late this morning, but I had to shower and wash my hair. I turned on the water and the pipes made the most horrific sound, like the wailing of demons. That should have been my first clue.

I stepped outside to find my street completely empty except for Jamie. The whole street, people. No one around at all. When I got up to Sunset Boulevard, it was empty, too. There wasn't a car for blocks and I was able to zip right out. I also hit three green lights in a row and saw maybe five cars in as many blocks. I pulled into our parking garage, which was relatively empty, parked and zipped right up to our floor. Upon entering the office I asked our receptionist, "Did I sleep through The Rapture? There's no one on the roads." She said that she, too, had an easy commute. Then, a gentleman who was driving up from San Diego for Noon meeting arrived much earlier. "I left early to give myself plenty of time, but there was no traffic." Hmmm....

Later, while running errands, traffic was still really light. I know Fridays are normally light, but this was to the extreme. Our office was fully staffed, however, so if this was The Rapture I'm in good company. or bad company....(sing it with me) Baaaad Company and I can't deny it.....

also, I'm totally getting kicked out of NaBloPoMo for not posting two days in one week.

2 comments:

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Huh. You should have tried westbound Pico. Crazy arse nasty drivers and those damnable double-trailer construction trucks parked along the route. And this was at EIGHT IN THE A.M.

Nope, no rapture yet.

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Jeebuz; now I have this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHPikUPlRD8
stuck in my head. Thanks a LOT.