Sunday, February 25, 2007

Jerry, I'd like you to meet comedy. I believe you dated once.

Well, I'm in my Post-Oscar haze, having spent a lovely evening at Chez Faith watching her glorious LCD television instead of my crappy old (free) one. And I'm not here to talk about the fashions, although Hello Diane Keaton wearing a dress and showing your neckline. You looked scrumptious! As did Cate Blanchett, Gwynneth Paltrow, Kate Winslet, and more. Catherine Deneuve, why did you have a dagger through your heart? And why was it bleeding down the front of your dress? It seemed a peculiar accessory.

No, I'm here to talk about how funny Ellen DeGeneres was. She was great. I love me some Ellen. Always have. I thought she was hysterical. I loved her getting a picture with Clint for her MySpace page. Ellen, well done.

I even enjoyed the brief (Thank God) "why does Oscar hate comedy" bit with Will Ferrell, Jack Black and John C. Reilly.

Here's my beef: Why the hell was Jerry Seinfeld doing a stand up routine, and not a funny one, in the middle of the Oscars? As many of us at the party said, "They cut off Jennifer Hudson but leave this?" No wonder the show went long. Really, who did he sleep with to get on the Oscars? It wasn't funny--at all--and frankly, it was rude. He basically insulted the nominees. Oh, and Jerry, the movie theater employees who are stuck picking up the trash that your overpaid, pampered ass dropped on the floor are not paid nearly enough to put up with shit from people like you who think it is your right to leave a mess just because you paid to get in. The theater employees are NOT the ones setting the prices for admission and concessions and are often making little more than minimum wage, so don't be a fucking asshole and take your trash out to the trashcan like a big boy. And get off the stage. You're not funny anymore.

Okay, I'm happy now that I've gotten that off my chest.
PS...I loved Jack Nicholson's stalker-like presence in the wings during the last 20 minutes of the show. And HOORAY for Marty! Awwww for Peter. I love me some O'Toole, too.

3 comments:

dizzy von damn! said...

the myspace thing was AWESOME.

and will ferrel and john c reilly were awesome. i could have done without jack black, but he was ok.

dizzy von damn! said...

also the shadow dance people were so cool

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Well. I guess SOMEONE is feeling better!!! But tell us how you *really* feel! :) Sounds like you had a great time.