Saturday, August 18, 2007

What do you do when you're hot and bored?

Get ice cream? Check.
Browse in an air conditioned store? Check.
Buy a pet? What???

I really meant to do laundry today. I mean, I'm one pair of panties away from going commando. But it's sooooo hot and the laundromat is bad on Saturdays. I'll go tomorrow. Yeah, that's right. Sorry, Denise. I won't be going to Fiber Fest after all. So, after a Popsicle from 7-11 and wandering around CVS, I impulsively drove to Petco on La Brea, you know, just to pet a dog or two. I bonded with an old lady over lizards and snakes, made faces at the birds for Miss Kendra's sake, tried in vain to find the rats cute, marveled at the cost of bunnies (Holy Moley!) and guinea pigs (Land Sakes!), I decided on the perfect pet for me.

So, without further ado--Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you:
Nacho LibreSo named because he's blue and red like the mask Nacho wore, and because I like to say "Nachooooo."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

!!!
NACHOOOOOO!~

Holy Serendipity, Batman! Friday night a kitten on the street picked me out as hers and now I have a new family member named Starbuck.

(set phasers to NERD)

Anne-Marie said...

Very cute! I love Japanese Fighting Fish. They blow bubbles and that makes them awesome!

My sister has a tank so huge that she can keep 2 males without them fighting. Purdy!

dizzy von damn! said...

thank you for fighting the good fight against our avian enemies.

also, NACHOOOOO!

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Cute fish. I don't mind being stood up so much when you show me pitchers of purty things. Besides, its way too hot to go commando!!!

If you ever do decide to go bunny, remember that there are rescues for those, as well. Save a life, don't support the puppy mills, adopt a rescue!!!

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

This is a taco/burrito conversation -

NACHOS!

Anonymous said...

I love your new pet! Probably less pooping than the real Nacho Libre, too!!

I'm sorry, I have no idea why I said poop in your comments.