Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ants--up close and personal



Warning: Graphic photos
So, the ants have been making little tunnels from the big ones but they're hard to photograph. Instead, I'll give you an in depth look at my little friends.

Natalie asked, "What is that blue goo the ants are living in? Is it good for them? Do they eat it?" The "special gel is full of nutrients specially formulated for the needs of the ant (formulated by a certified ant nutritionist)." Boy, do those little buggers love their gel. Well, I don't know how much they eat. It looks like most of it just piles up on the top.

Included with the kit was a magnifying glass. You can see their eyes and their little pinchy things working, and I'm not sure, but I think one of them flipped me off. I tried to take a picture through the magnifying glass but the camera lens somehow negated it. I tried to use the zoom lens, but that just made it blurry. This is the best I can do.

No comments: