Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Sneak Peek at the NSLBD

The big fundraiser is three days away. Who wants to join us? I have tickets! No, seriously, it's Saturday at 6:00 in Marina Del Rey. Let me know. I need to have someone use my two tickets. You get food and entertainment. There will be Black Jack, Craps, Roulette, Bingo, plus raffles and a Silent Auction with some really incredible stuff. Tickets were going for $85 each, so it's a bargain. Did I mention there will be people dressed like the cast of "Gilligan's Island"?

Today I made name tags. This is what they looked like before the names.
I'm quite proud of them.

Anywho, I thought I'd give you a glimpse of the dress...just a very little glimpse. So, here goes.
Who ordered the cleavage? The gnomes have gone spelunking.

That's the necklace I'm thinking of wearing, and the shoulders are covered by the cute lacy shrug that came with the dress. Any opinions on the necklace? I'm open to suggestions, bearing in mind that I have no money to buy a new necklace and have absolutely no fancy jewelry.

These are the shoes:

Yes, I need a pedicure--desperately. I don't have the ankle strap on, but you get the idea. There are rhinestones on those circles.

Tomorrow I'll show you the candles that the lovely Kristine put together for the cocktail tables on the yacht. She's a spitfire, but dang if she don't know her way around a tealight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I think you need to consider wearing a necklace that is not blurry. You know how picky and judgmental those fundraiser types can be.

Anonymous said...

Vavavavoom! ;)

Do you have a longer necklace? I think that one may be a bit too small given the, um, depth of the plunge on your neckline...

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:) Annika. HAH. Hey, it wouldn't be a problem to add some chain to the necklace if there's a catch in the back. I can even bring some on Thursday, if you'd like. That way, it could be longer. I'll also look thru my jewelry and see if I have something appropriate (I know it's hard to tell, but I'm all about the pretty shiny things!)

AND VA-VA-VOOM indeed!!! Wow.

Anonymous said...

Ahh! Auntboob!