Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday, followed by Alright Saturday

Really, what is so good about Good Friday? Considering it's the day Jesus died, I don't think HE would find it particularly good. Speaking of J and what he would think or do, I ate meat today. (gasp) My friend commented on it saying "you can't do it (eat fish) for Jesus? He'd do it for you." I'm sure he would, but I'm okay with that. I don't think Jesus would begrudge me a ham sandwich on a Friday, Good or otherwise. He's cool that way. And how does abstaining from meat on a Friday solidify your religious conviction? I never got a good explanation in 12 years of Catholic education.

I just want to give a shout out to Faith for the awesome gift package. I won a contest on her blog some time back and, quite frankly, had forgotten about my prize. Oops. I got a swell book, a tiny knitting kit, a non-smelly candle, a dog (toy), and lots of chocolate. Then, as if that wasn't enough, I found the cutest little buttons and a sticker in the basket as well. Woo Hoo! All of this came in a bitchin' tote bag, too. That Faith--she's pretty darn swell herself.

Thanks to Terry, whose birthday is this weekend, for giving ME a present (which shall go unnamed). Have fun in Sandy Eggo.

To everyone else--Happy Easter.

ps. Did I actually say "bitchin"? I'm not right in the head.

2 comments:

Funky Muffins said...

Well Spicoli, we don't know if you said it or not, but you certainly did write it. It's okay though, because people who are bitchin' should be given a pass to use bitchin' however they please.

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Dude. Totally. Cuz all I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Yay, Faith!!