Friday, March 14, 2008

I lost a day

It's been a weird week. I've been tired, but not sleepy. Not hungry at all until yesterday. In a great mood but also not so happy. Nervous about something impending but not knowing what it is. Worried about two friends in two very different but equally serious situations. and you know, generally out of it. To the casual observer, it would appear I have a drug problem. You all know better, of course. The horoscope has been no use. I didn't see any "mercury in retrograde" or anything like that to indicate what's what. But Wednesday night when I got home from work at 7pm, I flopped on my bed midway between work clothes and sweats and promptly fell fast asleep. I woke up at 7:40am Thursday and couldn't see straight. For most of the day, I swore it was still Wednesday. I couldn't grasp that I had slept 12 hours straight. I feel like I lost Wednesday. Consequently, Thursday never felt like Thursday--until I turned on the TV for the first time in a week and saw LOST was on.

Dang.

1 comment:

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

It's the Daylight Savings Effect. Sucks, donnit?! I've been LATE to work every day this week. And not by 5 or 10 minutes.