Thursday, August 17, 2006

The prosecutor had a power point presentation

I kid you not. I have nicknamed him Slideshow Bob. Only one other juror got the reference. He started off with this Power Point thing with words sliding on and off the screen. But the piece de resistance is when a little cartoon helicopter flew onto the screen to represent the presence of the PoPo in the air. It was all I could do not to laugh out loud. He closed his slideshow with a screen-filling WordArt "GUILTY," and left it up while he summed up his case. Even the bailiff was smirking. However, just so we're clear on this issue, his ridiculous--that's right, I said ridiculous-- closing arguments presentation had no bearing whatsoever on MY decisions in this case.
The defendent is NOT GUILTY of the charge of Burglary, but Guilty of the misdemeanor "trespassing."
No witnesses cried during this trial, but a witness for the defense got a bit snippy with the prosecuting attorney. In her defense, he did ask the same question over and over and over. That's okay. We didn't believe her testimony anyway.

I'm so glad I don't have to climb that hill any more. Now I just have to wait for my check, a whopping $75, plus mileage (a generous 34 cents per mile--ONE WAY)

1 comment:

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Oh, gawd, that's too funny. In the trial we have been gearing up for (that of course was settled for too much money the day before trial was to begin), my boss was planning a powerpoint-type presentation for his opening and closing. I'll be happy to pass this post on to him. Y'know these old farts, they get all excited when they learn new technology, and have to use it EVERYWHERE.