Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K

I'm not liking work right now. I can't get into detail but things are temporarily bad. Not so bad that I'm losing sleep, but bad enough that I am polishing the resume just in case. Anywho, I apparently work with Chicken Little, and she (he) told Henny Penny, who told Goosey Loosey, who told Duckey Luckey, who told Turkey Lurkey--that the sky is falling!!!! Then along comes Foxy Loxy, who is going to lure us all into his den and eat us up...and we'll all lose our jobs.

Foxy Loxy is, of course, a company who may possibly purchase the company I work for. Chicken Little and friends are my co-workers who are all spouting stuff and nonsense about losing jobs, paychecks not cashing, locations closing and other completely unfounded hypotheses.
Me? I'm just trying to get my projects done and maybe eat a Hot Pocket.

No, I don't really work at the Circle K.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only thing I got out of that whole thing was that little jingle in my head: "Hot Pockets!"

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Yeah, sucky headline:

http://www.nbc4.tv/money/9715823/detail.html

But I know a paralegal that's looking for some filing help...