Saturday, December 12, 2009

The girl who cried...well, she just cried

I'm sitting on my sofa trying to figure out a knitting pattern and watching "Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince," when I hear some sort of uproar outside. I ran to my bedroom window to see what I could see. A car was sitting halfway in the driveway diagonally with its headlights shining on the front porch. I heard a woman squealing, "Oh My God, there's another one!! [blood-curdling shriek!] And another!!"

"Holy Crap," I thought, "they must be battling cobras, or something equally bizarre and life-threatening." Thinking I might be of service, I slipped on some shoes and ran downstairs. I opened my door and peered around. "What is it?" I asked.

"SNAILS!!!!!" she cried, pointing and near hysteria from a major attack of the willies.

"Oh, for fuck's sake" I mumbled as I closed my door and climbed the stairs.

Now, if it were this I might be on her side.

No comments: