Sunday, November 21, 2010

Games People Play

I'm calling this the Saturday post because I just got home and haven't gone to bed yet. After an easy afternoon in which I got a mani/pedi and made awesome progress on a knitting project, I zipped out to Winnetka for my friend Tina's fabulous Game Night! Tina lured me out with the promise of her famous artichoke dip. It's sinfully good. Guests were asked to bring a side dish and I was also picking up beer. I stopped at the grocery store near Tina's place and know what I learned? Supermarket cashiers are very judgmental. Like I'm the first person to buy a dozen cupcakes and a 12-pack of Heineken. Shut up; cupcakes are to a side dish.

Anyway, game night was a blast. We played the longest game of Pictionary ever (my team won), then moved on to Taboo (my team won), and capped off the evening with a rousing game of Catch Phrase (my team...didn't win, but only because poor Tyler kept getting stuck with the disc).

Thanks for a great evening Tina and Gary, and Michelle, Ariel, Desiree, Amber, Kevin, and Tyler. Shout out to Tina's niece, Ashley, our official dice roller and timer flipper.

No comments: