Monday, November 15, 2010

I played hooky

Well, technically not since I scheduled this day off, but it felt kind of like playing hooky. I got up early and took Sandy to see the fine mechanics at the Universal City Nissan dealership. Emphasis on fine...although I guess he wasn't a mechanic as much as a "service associate." Anywho, they checked out the crunchy brake sounds (dirt in the brake area--solution: wash your damn car, woman), told me I didn't need an oil change (seriously, who talks you out of an oil change), and got rid of that infernal "low tire pressure" light for me. and it was free!!! You guys are aces in my book.

I got breakfast and hopped on my email (big mistake) to see what was what, and I was late for the Debbie Stoller book signing at Knit Culture, which is why I took the day off in the first place. That's okay. It was a gorgeous day and I didn't really feel like being inside anyway. So, I went over just to pick up my book (it was paid for) and then took a nice drive. Sandy had a full tank of gas and I had no agenda. Well, okay, part of an agenda--I needed to stop at Michael's for yarn. Then I came home and took a nap.

And, since the car repair was free and I was expecting to pay much more, I'm treating myself to pizza tonight. Woo Hoo! Now this is what Mondays should be like all the time.


No comments: