Friday, May 14, 2010

Happy Hour Friday or: How I learned to stop worrying and drink myself stupid.

Payday! And Friday! Could two words be more harmonious? Maybe chocolate and peanut butter, but that's it. I got up late and decided not to rush. Truth be told, I was feeling a little beat up because of my damn car and every other little thing that has been happening lately that makes the car incident the straw that broke the Laurie Ann's back.

In my non-rushing, I missed the bus and was late for a training on how to maintain our company website (it's real easy). When I got out of the meeting, the boss and several other ladies were deciding what to do for lunch. "Do you want to go?" the boss asked. "Does the pope like bratwurst?" I replied.* We went to La Barca and had a great time. Rumor has it I had a margarita. That is patently false.** I did have too many chips, too much salsa, too much cheese, and a whole lot of fun to distract me from the fact that I'm going to have to pay an arm and a leg to get my car running again, then figure out what to do about getting a new car because #$@%^& Jamie is not worth this hassle.

At lunch, my friend, Amber, said we should start a "Pennies for Prius" campaign to raise funds for my new car. "But I don't want a Prius, "I said. "Oh, it's just called that because it sounds good with the P's," she explained. "Well, " I replied, "if it's just a P word you're looking for, why not 'Pennies for Porsche'." Dream big, I say.


*I don't know if he does. I'm just assuming so because he's German.
**I had TWO margaritas. Ha!

1 comment:

mamamouseiam said...

Poor Jamie. Tossed aside for a pretty face. ;-)