Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Meltdown of monumental proportions

Oh, I am surprised I still have a job, folks. I'm telling you, if it weren't for my excellent sense of direction and genial wit, I'd have been shown the door.

We were having a meeting and it went over time, so lunch was ordered. One gal took everyone's order on a post it and I called the restaurant. When lunch arrived, we were one salad short. Guess who has to take one for the team and go saladless? Well, I was ravenous and my blood sugar must have dropped severely because I was getting all shaky. I was also really pissed because how had is it to get an order for 6 people.

I had a meltdown. I may have (definitely) used language which is wholly inappropriate for a business setting, especially from an assistant. In the end, one of the other directors who had brought his lunch anyway said he'd give me his salad and eat what he brought. I apologized profusely and told them I didn't know what came over me. I begged forgiveness.

Phew.

1 comment:

Hester from Atlanta said...

Oh heck, I just wrote you a nice long note about being forgotten when putting together lunches for work and how stressful it can be, especially when other people screw up. And I was sending condolences about your car, but Blogger ate my note. Hang in there baby. Best- Hester