Friday, November 21, 2008

All over but the swelling

My face was still pretty swollen today but I had to come in to get stuff ready for a meeting this afternoon. My tooth did not hurt one iota, but the swollen portion of my face was tender to the touch, as was the inside of my cheek and gums. I couldn't open my mouth wide enough to eat anything, which also made brushing my teeth a challenge. As the day progressed, I noticed a blister forming on my gum near the bad tooth. Uh oh. You know what that means.

GROSS OUT ALERT! If you have a delicate constitution, feel free to skip down to the red SAFE ZONE.
So, the blister got bigger and bigger throughout the day. Then, round about 2:30, I was running my tongue over it and-Pop-it burst sending all kinds of grossness into my mouth. I ran to the sink in the kitchen and spit, then rinsed and spit until said grossness was gone. Then I rinsed with salt water and topped it off with a Diet Pepsi to kill the taste. For the rest of the day, I've been running my tongue over it to make sure all the gross is out.

SAFE ZONE: The swelling has gone down considerably and by tomorrow, I should be back to normal.

In other news, look what I found on my front steps.
That's not my mail. The manila envelope is for a Kristy. The white envelope is for someone else entirely. The JC Penney flier may have been for me, but was not in my mailbox. So who is sitting on my stairs, reading their mail and then leaving it there? Pretty strange, I say.

[edit]
SPECIAL BULLETIN: How could I possibly forget to wish my beautiful niece, Mary, a very Happy Birthday. She's 13!! Yikes!

No comments: