Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What did I do to deserve this??

I slept like a baby last night, from about 9pm straight through to 8am. It was great, except I'm supposed to be at work at 8am. Oops. I got myself together as quickly as possible, took one tablespoon of Happy Juice, and zipped off to work. About 10 blocks from the office it kicked in with a vengeance. Okay, hold it together--only 10 blocks to go. As I was riding the elevator, I started to the cold, clammy sweats that only come pre-puke. I mentioned this to Liz and Mirna as I walked into the reception area who both remarked at my pallor.

My friend Criss came to my office and we chatted for a few minutes. I said, "I don't think Vicodin is my friend. I feel sick." "Oh yeah?" she said, "Here, I have some anti-nausea pills." Seriously, the girl is a walking pharmacy. Good thing, too, because about two seconds after the anti-nausea pill dissolved on my tongue, I was running to the ladies room to vomit. On my way down the hall, Criss called "it usually kicks in right away." And guess what? It did. No puking for Laurie Ann.

I gave the vicodin back and vowed no more happy juice for me. I didn't sign up for vomit. I figured I would just tough it out with Orajel and Tylenol.

Until 4:30 when the pain was crippling. Like a junkie, I went back and grabbed the vicodin. What's a little vomit?

Good News, though. My new insurance card arrived with the new dental office listed, so I'm going to call them tomorrow and beg them to see me right away. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Oh...I hate throwing up.

I hope you get in to the dentist soon.